Dominique “Dom” Ocampo (they/them) is a DC theatre-maker and recent graduate from Lehigh University’s IDEAS program. For four years, they studied mechanical engineering & theatre design as media for transformative justice. With over a decade of fiction-writing and artistic experience, Dom now hops between playwriting, producing, and theatre design with bright eyes.
Dom certainly made their mark at Lehigh University, receiving multiple honors for their artistic & cultural endeavors. For three years, they led an antiracist LGBTQ+ peer education program which facilitated interactive curriculum to students and faculty. They also hosted and produced “Artwarming,” a podcast on the connection between art, identity, and mental health during COVID-19. Within the theatre department, Dom designed for CLICK, Godspell, and GPS. Some of their performance credits include DOG ACT, Smart People, Beyond Bars, and Open Up!
As a trans & Asian writer, director, producer, and designer, Dom aims to tackle radical empathy and QTPOC liberation in all their creative works. They currently serve as Assistant Production Manager at Adventure Theatre in Glen Echo, MD. When Dom isn’t theatre-making, you can find them playing Dungeons & Dragons, picking a new gender, or dreaming about British short-hair cats.
- Strohl Grant (2022)
- Williams Prize for Theatre in Acting (2019, 2022)
- Williams Prize for Scenic Design (2022)
- Performing Arts Scholar in Acting (2018 – 2022)
- University Service Award (2022)
- Ujima Award for Inclusive Campus Activism (2021)
- Contribution to Student Life Award (2021)
- Pride Center Outstanding Initiative Award (2021)
- Henry Baird Award for Queer Excellence (2020)